USA National Interest Exemption Application Portal
Each applicant must complete their own application.
PLEASE NOTE – The National Interest Exemption must come from the US Embassy in the country in which you intend to fly to the US from. As default we will apply to the US Embassy in the UK. If you are not travelling to the US from the UK, you MUST get in touch with us before you complete this form to check whether we can assist.
PLEASE NOTE – Holding a National Interest Exemption does not make one exempt from the government’s and state’s department for health’s COVID-19 regulations. All travellers must observe the US government’s regulations. For information on COVID-19 control regulations in the US please see the CDC’s website and the Department for Health of the state you are intending to visit.
Even with a NIE, the relevant visa or ESTA must still be obtained prior to travel. Applications for USA visas or ESTA can be made here.
PLEASE NOTE – Not all business activities are permissible on an ESTA. You cannot undertake any physical work activities on an ESTA and must apply for the relevant business visa.
PLEASE NOTE – Processing times refer to submission to the Embassy. Responses from the Embassy can typically take anything from a few days to a few weeks. We can submit your application to the Embassy 60 days prior to travel at the earliest
PLEASE NOTE – Where possible, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible in advance of travel for your NIE. The Embassy currently advise not to book any travel plans until the NIE has been approved. We encourage you to contact us before making your application if you are concerned about time frame
PLEASE NOTE – Effective of the 6th July 2021, all NIEs are valid for 12 months and for multiple entries. If you have previously obtained a NIE it will now be valid for 12 months from the date it was issued.
What to Expect
- Application – Use the online portal to submit your application and upload your supporting documents
- Submission – After thoroughly quality checking your application and supporting documents to embassy standard, The Travel Visa Company will submit your NIE details to the relevant authority.
- Approval – Once the NIE application is approved and the NIE issued, The Travel Visa Company will send out the confirmation using your chosen method.
|Serice Type||Processing Time||Service Fee||VAT||Total|
|Priority 1||24 Hours*||£83.29||£16.66||£99.95|
|Priority 2||5 Days*||£58.29||£11.66||£69.95|
*Working days/hours excluding postal days.
View Supporting Document Checklist
It is important that, before you continue this online application, you ensure that you have digital copies of the following documents as you will be required to upload these.
- Passport photocopy – You MUST upload a copy of your passport information/picture page.
- UK visa/Residency permit – IF you are not a British passport holder you MUST upload a copy of your UK residency permit or visa.
- Visa/ESTA copy – IF you already hold a USA visa or ESTA, youMUST upload a copy.
- Inviting individual’s passport/green card – IF you are being inviting to stay with an individual you MUST upload a copy of their passport/LPR green card.
- Death certificate/proof of relation – IF you are visiting the US because of a death of a relative you MUST upload both a death certificate and proof of relation to the deceased.
- – IF you are travelling to the US because of illness or other medical issue (your’s or someone else’s) you MUST upload a detailed doctor’s letter describing the medial condition and treatment needed.
IF you will receive medical treatment in the US, you MUST upload a proof of payment or proof of funds able to pay for treatment.
- Proof of Coronavirus-related Employment – IF you are travelling to the US for Coronavirus-related employment, you MUST upload documentation from your employer about how your individual work is related to the containment or mitigation of COVID-19.
- Letter from US Company – IF your travel is for essential business purposes, you MUST upload a detailed letter from a US company which details the following:
- Why your presence in the US is needed
- The work/business activities you will be undertaking
- Why the travel is time sensitive
- Why the work/business activities are best served taking place in person rather than remotely (email, zoom etc.)
- Details of the economic impact of you not being present in the US
- Copy of CV – IF your travel is for essential business purposes, you MUST upload a copy of your current CV.